Qualifications and Experience
Professional Qualifications, Registrations and Experience
- Post Graduate Diploma in Psychotherapeutic Counselling (Merit) – Staffordshire University
- University Certificate in Counselling (Merit) – Staffordshire University
- Certificate in Coaching - University of West Scotland
-Certificate in Relationship and Couples Therapy - Macclesfield Counselling and Training Centre
- Post Graduate Certificate in Supervision - Manchester Institute of Psychotherapy
- MBACP (Registered member of British Association of Counselling and psychotherapy)
- BACP Accreditation
- Up to date enhanced police safety check (DBS).
- I hold professional indemnity insurance and my work is supervised by a BACP approved supervisor.
Continued Professional Development Training
Critical Incident Stress Management
Solution Focused Brief Therapy
An Introduction and Exploration of Transactional Analysis
Treating Intrusive Thoughts and the Inner Critical Voice
Acceptance and Commitment Therapy
Dissociation and Trauma
I have experience working in an NHS Staff Support and Counselling Service, working with staff at all levels in the organisation, on a variety of issues, both personal and work related.
Areas of Specialism
The effects of Adverse Childhood Experiences in adults
Chronic childhood trauma in adults
Work related stress
I studied at Staffordshire University on a Post Graduate diploma in integrative psychotherapeutic counselling, which means that I have studied several different modalities , including Person Centred, Psychodynamic and Attachment therapies, ACT (Acceptance and Commitment therapy), CBT (Cognitive behavioural therapy), SFBT (Solution Focused Brief therapy), and others along the way.
Being an integrative counsellor means that I have many tools in my counselling toolbox, that we can use to get to where you want to be, but if asked to describe how I work it would be to say that I am client led, and that the therapeutic relationship that we establish together is the most important aspect of therapy
I also offer creative therapy, whether it be drawing, painting or writing, in fact whatever form your creativity takes, this can be a way to uncover things that your unconscious mind has been hiding, and help you to learn to live in the present.